Yoga is the journey of the self, through the self, to the self. —Bhagavad Gita.
Are you interested in becoming a yoga teacher or perhaps would you like to deepen your personal yoga or spiritual practice?
Embark on your yogic journey with Heidi Sherwin (E-RYT, PRYT) for the 2018 Moonbow Yoga 200-Hour Yoga Teacher Training Program hosted by BlissBlissBliss.
2018 Dates: March – October
We will meet once a month for 8 months; weekends are Saturday and Sunday, 8:30am – 5:30pm, unless noted:
- March 3 & 4
- April 6, 7, & 8 (Friday Night from 6 to 9pm)
- May 5 & 6
- June 1, 2, & 3 (Friday Night from 6 to 9pm)
- July 28 & 29
- August 24, 25, & 26 (Friday Night 6 to 9pm)
- September 29 & 30
- October 11 – 14 (Retreat at Canaan Valley Resort, Thursday 4pm – Sunday 1pm)
Summer break! Time to dive deeper into your personal practice, observe other teachers, & start student teaching!
About the Program
The Moonbow Yoga & Wellness 200-Hour Yoga Teacher Training program offers a holistic mind/body approach to practicing and teaching yoga. The curriculum combines the ancient wisdom of Patanjali’s Yoga Sutras and the 8 Limbs of Yoga, with the importance of daily self-care, emotional connectivity and creative exploration.
Students will evolve into the role of teacher through dedicated self-study, group work, community teaching, and supportive mentorship. The comprehensive program also includes:
- Basic principles of alignment and proper adjustments
- Teaching methodology for intelligent sequencing and meaningful classes
- Functional and subtle anatomy as they apply to teaching yoga
- Breathing practices, guided relaxations, meditations, and restorative yoga poses
- Ayurvedic principles
- Mantra, mudra, and yogic lore
- Understanding the business of yoga and classroom ethics
The Moonbow Yoga and Wellness 200-hour YTT program (formerly 3rd Street Yoga) is part of a Yoga Alliance Certified school. Students that fulfill all program requirements will receive a certificate of completion and can register with Yoga Alliance.