Yoga is the journey of the self, through the self, to the self. —Bhagavad Gita.
Are you interested in becoming a yoga teacher or perhaps would you like to deepen your personal yoga or spiritual practice?
Embark on your yogic journey with Heidi Sherwin (E-RYT, PRYT) for the 2020 Moonbow Yoga 200-Hour Yoga Teacher Training Program hosted at BlissBlissBliss.
2020 Dates: February – November
We will meet every 3 – 4 weeks for a total of 9 months
Fridays, 5:30 – 9:30pm and Saturdays, 8:00am – 6:30pm
- February 21 & 22
- March 20 & 21
- April 17 & 18
- May 15 & 16
- June 12 & 13
- July 10 & 11
- August 7 & 8
- August 28 & 29
- September 25 & 26
- October 16 & 17
- November 6 – 8 (Retreat at Canaan Valley Resort, Friday 3pm – Sunday 1pm)
About the Program
The Moonbow Yoga & Wellness 200-Hour Yoga Teacher Training program offers a holistic mind/body approach to practicing and teaching yoga. The curriculum combines the ancient wisdom of Patanjali’s Yoga Sutras and the 8 Limbs of Yoga, with the importance of daily self-care, emotional connectivity and creative exploration.
Students will evolve into the role of teacher through dedicated self-study, group work, community teaching, and supportive mentorship. The comprehensive program also includes:
- Basic principles of alignment and proper adjustments
- Teaching methodology for intelligent sequencing and meaningful classes
- Functional and subtle anatomy as they apply to teaching yoga
- Breathing practices, guided relaxations, meditations, and restorative yoga poses
- Ayurvedic principles
- Mantra, mudra, and yogic lore
- Essential oils for asana, meditation, and everyday wellness
- Understanding the business of yoga and classroom ethics
Creativity is at the heart of the Moonbow journey. As a YTT student, you will be inspired to creatively thread the roots of yoga with modern practices, while also adding your own significant spice that aligns with your authentic nature and life purpose. We will also integrate journaling and aromatherapy to enhance the creative flow and mind/body wellness. With your commitment and participation, you will be ready to best meet the needs of today’s yoga audience with safety, meaningful intention, confidence, and joy.