Introducing 30 Minute Condition Specific Yoga Classes
- Suffering from Stress or the Winter Blues?
- How about Back Pain?
- Trying to find Emotional Balance and Harmony?
- Perhaps you know someone who is struggling with Osteoporosis or Osteo Arthritis.
Yoga could indeed increase Well-Being! BlissBlissBliss is offering a few 30 Minute condition specific classes to highlight how yoga can offer relief for specific conditions. Perhaps you have not tried yoga before or have fallen out of practice or know of a friend, a family member or colleague who could benefit. If you have not tried Yoga as a natural remedy for your health condition (or you have in the past but need a reminder of poses that are good for these conditions), check these classes out.
These classes are ideal for a number of reasons:
- Poses have been researched by our Yoga Teachers to be condition specific
- You will have a poses that you can use as your home practice
- 30 Minutes duration is a small investment to explore yoga for your condition
- Build your confidence for joining a hour long class in the future
We urge you to not let these common myths and misconceptions about yoga deter you from a better quality of life.
- Myth: Yoga is only for the flexible and the fit
- Myth: Yoga is only for those in good health
- Myth: Yoga is a religion and may conflict with our own values
30-minute Yoga Remedies
- 1:30PM Monday, 2/7 & 2/21 – Yoga for Stress & The Winter Blues with Stephanie
- 11:00AM Tuesday, 2/7, 2/14, 2/21, & 2/28 – Yoga for Osteoporosis & Osteo Arthritis with Laura
- 5:15PM Tuesday, 2/7 & 2/21 – Yoga For Back Pain with Lindsey
- 5:15PM Thursday, 2/23 – Emotional Balance & Harmony with Heidi
Price: $7 per class.
Want more classes like these? Here are just a few conditions that science reports that Yoga helps: back pain, anxiety, stress, depression, osteoporosis, addiction recovery, arthritis, asthma, cancer, carpal Tunnel Syndrome, Chronic Fatigue Syndrome, Diabetes, Fibromyalgia, headaches, Heart Disease, High Blood Pressure, Infertility, Insomnia, IBS, Menopause, MS, Obesity. Send a note to email@example.com if you want a class created for your condition. Consider working one on one with one of our qualified Yoga teachers with a Yoga Private
Need some Science to Support Your Decision to Practice Yoga?
All of these study statistics are reported in Yoga as Medicine: The Yogic prescription for Health and Healing – A Yoga Journal Book by Timothy McCall, M.D.
98% of more than one thousand people with back pain found yoga helpful.
500 people who suffer from back pain were polled asking what worked for them. They had tried orthopedic surgeons, osteopaths, chiropractors, acupuncturists, Rolfers, Feldenkrais, use of muscle relaxants, anti-inflammatory drugs, hot packs, ice packs, shoe orthotics, TENS nerve stimulation units. Yoga was judged the most successful of all.
Working with a teacher had better results than books, articles and tapes.
Depression & Mood:
A 3 to 6 month practice of yoga improved functioning and moods of people with clinical depression.
In One study 60% also had improved sleep, improved digestions, mood and social interactions.
Osteo-arthritis & Osteoporosis:
In one small study, 8 Weeks of Yoga was adapted for Osteo arthritis of the knee. The study participants were all women, obese and over 50 none of whom had practiced yoga before. They attended 1 yoga class for 8 weeks with no home practice required. They reported 47% reduction in pain, 39% improvement in physical function, and 39% reduction in stiffness.