Amplify Series: Welcoming Pregnant Women in Group Yoga Classes
By Heidi Sherwin
Be prepared when a regular student shares the good news that she’s pregnant! Even if your internal alarm screams – “OMG – will this mom be safe in my class? How can I modify postures?” – have no fear!
Learn how to AMPLIFY your ability to successfully welcome pregnant students into your general group yoga classes. Workshop instructor, Heidi Sherwin, is ready to help you expand your teaching tool-kit, while sharing from the heart of her personal experience, which includes 10 years of teaching prenatal yoga and 5 years of Doula service.
In this workshop, you will gain a deeper understanding of the following:
- Special prenatal considerations and contraindications (mind, body, and baby awareness)
- Prenatal modifications for most common postures, especially those within the twisting, folding, back bending, and inversion families
- Ways to adapt the Sun Salutation for pregnant moms
- Breathing practices (Pranayama) to include or exclude during pregnancy
- When you might need to refer the student to another classThe workshop is open to current yoga teachers or newly pregnant women that have a regular yoga practice and wish to safely continue it throughout pregnancy. The knowledge and tools gained will also support any teacher that wishes to sub prenatal yoga classes.Date: Wednesday, January 22, 2020
Time: 6 – 9pm at BlissBlissBliss
Stay tuned for more information about other Amplify workshops at BlissBlissBliss.
Questions? Contact Heidi: email@example.com