Essential Oil of Wild Orange: Detox, Uplift and Ward Off Flu
By Elizabeth Halliday-Reynolds
Wild Orange Essential Oil (Citrus sinensis)
Cold-pressed from the orange peel, wild orange is excellent for energizing and revitalizing. It is also commonly used as an effective tool for uplifting mood, as well as for its wonderful citrus aroma.
Common uses for wild orange oil
- Wild orange is one of the most powerful and aromatic of the essential oils. It is excellent for disinfecting and killing fungus and pathogens. It has very effective actions against colds and flu, and is highly recommended for use during their early stages.
- Wild orange also supports the elimination toxins from the body, while stimulating the lymphatic system.
- It can be both energizing and uplifting and sedative. It does this by instilling feelings of peace. It can be used in the treatment of anorexia.
- Wild orange’s main constituent, limonene, has powerful anti-cancer activity, suggesting that this oil might be effective as an anti-cancer agent.
- It also supports collagen formation in the skin.
Modern research into wild orange oil
In clinical testing, the antioxidant Citrus sinensis exhibited absolute fungitoxicity (it kills fungi) against 10 post-harvest pathogens. It was also absolutely toxic for spore germination. A university study has demonstrated that wild orange oil is highly effective as an antidepressant.
Want to learn more about the every day uses of essential oils? Come to one of these classes:
- Saturday Sept. 8 2PM: Aromatherapy for everyday health and Wellness (this is based on the medicine cabinet makeover class – but revised based on your feedback!)
- Tuesday Oct. 2, 7:15PM Easing Labor & Delivery with Essential oils
- Tuesday Oct. 16 7:15PM Essential Oils for Breast Feeding Success
- Saturday Nov. 17 2PM Staying Positive, Joyful & Uplifted During The Grey Months with Essential oils.
Love Essential Oils Purchase high quality, rigorously tested, therapeutic grade essential oils.