Groundwork – Restorative Yoga Training
The feeling of stillness is peace, the feeling of peace is Joy.
Busy, tired, stressed, tense… All are common in our modern-day active lives.
Would you like to learn how Restorative Yoga and other relaxation methods can enhance overall health by releasing tension, decreasing stress, and busting the busyness syndrome? Yes, Please!
In the Groundwork Restorative Yoga Training, you will be guided into a clear understanding of the heightened need for more rest, less stress. You will acquire practical tools for creating a well-rounded restorative practice and confidently lay the groundwork where optimum health, inner peace and joy can thrive. This training is for anyone who loves restorative yoga. It will help you create restorative practices at home. This training also provides yoga teachers, health professionals, and individuals in other fields many resources and methods to best integrate restoratives into group settings and/or one-on-one sessions.
The Need for Groundwork
Restorative Yoga is an antidote to the busyness syndrome that conspires to build more stress, less rest in your daily life. Overtime, the stress response can run wild and create obstacles in the mind and body , possibly leading to health issues, such as high blood pressure, digestive upset, hormonal imbalances, or chronic muscular tension. A yoga practice abundant in gentle and supportive postures, calming breathing exercises, and guided relaxation techniques stimulates the Parasympathetic Nervous System, inviting you to slow down and more easily rest, digest, and rejuvenate your mind and body.
Time: 9am – 5:30pm (one-hour break for lunch)
Workshop Fee: $180
Your Presenter: Heidi Sherwin, E-RYT
- Scientific support for the Power of Rest
- Form and Function: Types of restorative postures and their benefits and contraindications
- Using props safely and effectively to support postures and enhance ultimate comfort
- Breathing exercises and guided relaxation techniques that calm the mind and relax the body
- Basic sequencing tips to design intentional practices for yourself and/or your students/clients
- Ways to cultivate a safe and nurturing space for relaxation and self-transformation
- Overview of nervous system anatomy and subtle energy principles
- Integrating essential oils and other comfort measures for deep relaxation and rejuvenation
A Certificate of Completion can be received for professional Continuing Education Credits (8 contact, 2 non-contact), such as for Yoga Alliance. If you are interested in CEU’s, an outside-of-class assignment will be required. All participants will get a Groundwork Manual, filled with information and resources covered in the training. Everyone will also be gifted an essential oil calming room spray that can be used in your personal or group practices
Contact Heidi with any questions: email@example.com