Dr. Jampa Yonten Visits Morgantown ~April 12th
Dr. Jampa Yonten Has many private session and public workshops available!
Tuesday, April 12th:
- 9AM-5PM Health Consultations at BlissBlissBliss $62.50 for 45min
- 6:30PM-7:30PM Public Talk: The Relationship Between Physical Health and Spiritual Health: An Intro. to Karmic Purification The talk will address the connection between our physical health and spiritual health by recognizing the root cause of suffering as self-grasping, and how that manifests in the mind as the three mental poisons. These three correlate directly to the three dosha functions and imbalances. We will then look at the four causes of disease and specifically karmic causes, and how we can transform ourselves to have better health and ultimately true happiness. Cost $10
Wednesday, April 13th:
- 9AM-5PM Health Consultations at Jivaka Wellness Center $50 for 45 min
- 7:00PM Public Talk: Maintaining Mental Health in a Political World Donations accepted
- April 15th-17th Tibetan Healing Retreat: Karmic Purification & Embryology Study Saranam Retreat Center in Montrose.
It begins Fri 4/15 at 5pm and ends Sun 4/17 at 3pm.
The cost of the workshop is $120.
Additional (optional) costs:
– participants may stay at Saranam for $15/night
– $40 covers all meals for the workshop (6 meals: Fri dinner through Sun lunch); alternatively, you may bring your own meals
This year is the astrological year of the Fire Monkey, which is a very important time to confront our obstacles and negative energies and change them into positive energy to fulfill our wishes. This will be the primary intention for this Tibetan Healing Retreat. During this weekend retreat, we will turn focus from our normal activities in order to study, practice, purify, and renew ourselves.
We will also study the ancient field of embryology as taught in Tibetan medicine. In studying embryology, we will focus on the cosmic elements, karma, and spiritual practice. Through our study, we aim to understand the preciousness of this life. We will work on the transformation of our karma to attain human birth through spiritual practice. This section will, of course, also be very beneficial to those who are interested in conception, gestation, and childbirth.
Along with study, we will be practicing right diet and lifestyle. We will eat warm, light, and fresh vegetarian food, as well as rise early, practice sitting and walking meditation, yoga, and prostrations, and retire to bed to observe our dreams.