New Yoga Class ~Chakra Flow Yoga
Wednesdays @ 9am- 10am
Chakra Flow is a feel-good blend of abiding in poses and seamless dynamic movement that incorporates poses to balance our energy centers.
The practice explores the empowering dance between the flow and the pause, and allows your experience to be a meditation in action. The combination of fluid sequencing and static poses has many benefits that include strengthening the bones, ligaments and tendons, improving balance and flexibility, toning muscles, and enhancing mental focus and body awareness.
All levels are welcome and each class will include centering, warm-ups, flowing sequences with static yoga postures (standing and seated), inversions, breath awareness, and deep relaxation.
What are Chakras?
There are 7 main Chakras in our bodies, and each area has it’s own color, vibration, and symbolism. These 7 areas are also places where our nervous system is concentrated. Our bodies hold energy and through life’s daily interaction our energy levels can fluctuate. By practicing specific yoga poses we can bring balance back into our bodies so that we are able to function at our optimum level. Even a chronic physical pain can be an old emotion that has been stored! Through yoga we can release these harbored feelings and create new clear space in our bodies. Here’s a little snippet of each Chakra’s symbology:
- Root Chakra: Located in our pelvic floor, this color is a deep red and is the slowest moving/ vibration. It represents grounded-ness and stability. The element is earth.
- Sacral Chakra: Located below the belly button and above the pelvis. The color here is orange and this area is where we store our emotions and sexuality/fertility. The element of this Chakra is water.
- Solar Plexus: This is located below the rib cage and above the belly button. This is our powerhouse… our will power, and self-perception. This is where we get that “gut feeling”. The element here is fire and the color is sunburst yellow.
- Heart Chakra: This energy center extends from the heart, across the shoulders, chest, and down the arms. It represents our ability to love, compassion, and forgiveness. The color is green and the element is air.
- Throat Chakra: This is located from the top of our shoulders, over our throat, and all the way up to our ears. This area represents communication; speaking, hearing, and understanding information truthfully. The color associated with this area is blue and the element is ether.
- Third Eye: Located above the eye and between the two eyebrows. This area is where we hold our intuition, which sends messages to our solar plexus. The color here is violet/ indigo.
- Crown Chakra: The final Chakra is the fastest spinning/ vibration energy center. This is where our higher enlightenment, and a feeling of “oneness” to the universe. The color here is pure white light.