asana of the month
- stretches the thighs, knees, and ankle
- strengthens the arches
- improves digestion and relieves gas
- helps relieve the symptoms of menopause
- reduces swelling of the legs during pregnancy (through second trimester)
- therapeutic for high blood pressure and asthma
- heart problems
- headache: practice this pose lying back on a bolster.
- knee or ankle injury: avoid this pose unless you have the assistance of an experienced instructor.
- balasana – child’s pose
- baddha konasana – bound angle pose or butterfly pose