asana of the month
setu bandha sarvangasana – bridge pose
setu = dam, dike, or bridge
bandha = lock
be sure to check out colleen’s previous asana of the month video where she describes the action of shoulder loop.
- stretches the chest, neck, and spine
- calms the brain and helps alleviate stress and mild depression
- stimulates abdominal organs, lungs, and thyroid
- rejuvenates tired legs
- improves digestion
- helps relieve the symptoms of menopause
- relieves menstrual discomfort when done supported
- reduces anxiety, fatigue, backache, headache, and insomnia
- therapeutic for asthma, high blood pressure, osteoporosis, and sinusitis
- neck injury: avoid this pose unless you are practicing under the supervision of an experienced teacher.