3 OILS FOR BACK TO SCHOOL SUCCESS
By: Heidi Sherwin, Yoga Teacher and Mother of 3
Backpack – check!
Lunch box – check!
Classroom Supplies – check!
Earlier bedtime – hooray! I mean, check!
Essential Oils – hmm, not sure!
Starting a new school year is filled with excitement and anticipation. From gathering school supplies and packable lunch items to making sure kids get to and from school safely, knowing which essential oils kids can use effectively may feel overwhelming.
Simplicity gets an A+ when I am juggling new routines and helping my three daughters prepare for a successful school year. Therefore, my family relies on a few tried and true Honor Roll essential oils to support us during the Back-to-School transition.
Here are 3 favorite oils that my family uses regularly:
Wake-up to the bright aroma and energize the mind! Wild orange promotes a positive mood, supports the immune system, soothes anxious feelings, stimulates digestion, and tastes delicious (good-bye sugary O.J.).
• Dilute 1 – 2 drops in lotion or carrier oil and massage on feet, belly, and/or spine to support immune and nervous systems.
• Add 4 drops to a diffuser during breakfast to increase physical and mental energy.
• Add 1 drop to water to boost child’s digestion (great before and after school).
Beat after-school sluggishness and pep up the brain for homework! Peppermint has a cool and refreshing aroma, which stimulates focus and concentration, relaxes tense muscles, opens airways to boost brain power, eases tummy discomfort (especially if there’s a lot of “holding” during school), and blends wonderfully with Wild Orange.
• Add 4 drops each of Peppermint and Wild Orange to a diffuser during after-school snacks and homework time.
• Dilute 1 drop in lotion or carrier oil and massage on tense muscles or tummy for digestive support.
• Create a 10ml roller bottle with 5 drops of peppermint, topped off with carrier oil. Roll carefully on child’s temples and back of neck to stimulate senses, soothe head discomforts, and improve focus.
Serenity, aka Restful Blend, combines Lavender, Marjoram, Roman Chamomile, Ylang Ylang, Hawaiian Sandalwood, and Vanilla Bean. The aroma simply smells like relaxation and helps children fall asleep with more ease… Need I say more?
• Add 2 – 3 drops to kid’s bath to reduce restlessness and induce calm.
• Add 4 drops to a diffuser and use in the bedroom during nighttime routine.
• While tucking kids into bed, dilute 1 – 2 drops in lotion or carrier oil and massage on feet and spine to encourage peaceful Zzzzz’s.
Wild Orange, Peppermint, and Serenity will serve you and your kids in many ways. For extra credit, you may also like to try doTERRA’s Kids Collection or the OnGuard Collection for even more fabulous ways to rock the school year.
The Kids Collection includes 6 roller bottles of unique blends that ace the test when it comes to a well-rounded, safe for kids essential oils kit. Each blend was intelligently crafted to help support developing minds, bodies, and emotions. Bonus: the blends are great for 40+ year old kids, too! I love the effectiveness and use them personally on a daily basis.
doTERRA’s OnGuard family has been full of stellar students since the company started in 2008. Inherent to OnGuard’s success is the blend’s impact on the immune system, so you can have a natural, healthy alternative to maintain and support your child’s health. The warm and spicy aroma is great in a diffuser. The OnGuard family is vast – some of my favorites include the 10ml OnGuard Touch, hand sanitizer, toothpaste, beadlets, laundry detergent, and… who am I kidding?! The whole OnGuard family rocks!
Stocking up on these essential school supplies is easy peasy! A kindergartener could do it these days, based on how I see my kids scrolling and clicking around the iPad. Ha!
Simply click on one of the links below and Voila! Get ready for a happy and healthy school year!
Click the product name order for home delivery: